Due to the tremendous growth of our youth programs, I have been selected as a US KIDS GOLF TOP 50 Instructor for another year (2018). It is a great honor to be recognized as a top youth instructor but it would not be possible without the help of the staff at The Muni and all the parents that allow us to teach their children the game of golf.
We have more class and camps schedules that ever, and we are participating in more of the local events and are looking forward to a competitive year in 2019.
Please see below for information on our youth programs.
The U.S. Kids Golf Learning Program is a proven method to introduce golf to young players. The program becomes more difficult as players advance through each of the FIVE levels, and the Level booklets provide the framework for both coaches and parents. The booklets provide instruction and examples of forms and skills, and each level has checkpoints in five core areas: Putting, Around the Green, Full Swing, Knowledge and Scoring. As an incentive to advance through all the levels, players earn an achievement pin each time they complete one of the checkpoints. In order to pass each level, players must play nine holes from at least 1,500 yards and meet the scoring requirement.
The US Kids Golf After School Clinic Series is a series of (five) 60 minute clinics meeting over 5 consecutive weeks designed to get you through levels one, two or three of the US Kids Golf Learning Program. The Learning Program is a ready-made and proven curriculum that features three levels of instruction booklets. In each of the three levels, players learn five core skills: Putting, Around the Green, Full Swing, Knowledge, and Scoring. Instruction led by PGA Master Professional Boykin Powers. Weekly Instruction will include:
This FALL, the US Kids Sessions will be offered twice each day, but the class sizes will be strictly limited to 6 participants. This will help us continue to provide the programs to the most amount of people, while making the class sizes smaller, they will be safer and more effective. Please make sure you sign up early to secure your spot in the desired times, as the class sizes will stay limited. Cost is $90. Registration forms are at the bottom of the page, once registration opens November 4th.
Ages 6-10 US Kids Levels 1-3
(01) January 28 - February 25 Tuesdays 4:30 - 5:30
(02) January 29 - February 26 Wednesdays 4:30 - 5:30
(04) March 9 - April 6 Mondays 5:30 - 6:30
(05) March 10 - April 7 Tuesdays 4:15 - 5:15
(08) March 11 - April 8 Wednesdays 5:30 - 6:30
(09) March 12 - April 9 Thursdays 4:15 - 5:15
(10) April 27 - May 26 Mondays 5:30 -6:30
(11) April 28 - May 27 Tuesdays 4:15 - 5:15
(14) April 29 - May 28 Wednesdays 5:30 - 6:30
(15) April 30 - May 29 Thursdays 4:15 - 5:15
Ages 8-12 US Kids Levels 1-3
(03) January 30 - February 27 Thursdays 4:30 - 5:30
(06) March 11 - April 8 Tuesdays 5:30 - 6:30
(07) March 12 - April 9 Wednesdays 4:15 - 5:15
(12) April 28 - May 27 Tuesdays 5:30 - 6:30
(13) April 29 - May 28 Wednesdays 4:15 - 5:15
US Kids Levels 4-5 (Advanced) Sessions
Must have Mastered Levels 1-3 OR Minimum age of 13
(01) January 27 - February 24 Mondays 4:30 - 5:30
(02) March 9 - April 6 Mondays 4:15 - 5:15
(03) March 12 - April 9 Thursdays 5:30 - 6:30
(04) April 27 - May 26 Mondays 4:15 - 5:15
(05) April 30 - May 29 Thursdays 5:30 - 6:30
Registration for Spring 2020 begins November 4, 2019. Please wait until then to send in forms.
Click on the appropriate session to see how your child is progressing.